Covid 19 Procedures
To ensure the safety of our clients and our staff and to help prevent the spread of Covid 19, below are the steps we are taking which comply with and go beyond the guidance provided by Canine and Feline Sector Group in collaboration with DEFRA. A link to their guidance can be found within the below http://www.cfsg.org.uk/coronavirus/_layouts/15/start.aspx#/
- All initial meetings for information gathering will be undertaken by telephone followed by a short garden visit, for new dogs, for them to get to know us and vice versa
- Hands will be washed thoroughly or sanitised prior to all our visits/walk
- Hands will then be regularly washed or sanitised throughout the day but particularly after touching surfaces and in between each dog walk/pet visit
- If the owner is at home, collection and drop off will take place outside wherever possible
- If that isn’t possible and we have to enter a home, we will maintain a two metre distance and a mask will be worn
- If the owner of the dog is shielded we will use disposable gloves for the duration of the visit/walk and will keep contact with the dog to a minimum. Gloves will be disposed of once the dog has been returned home
- If we are entering a home to collect a dog, whether the owner is there or not, a mask will be worn
- We will use our own leads which are washed every evening. If we are using a lead for different dogs during the day, they are wiped with DEFRA approved, animal friendly antibacterial wipes. If we have to place owners’ collars and harnesses on a dog, the equipment will be wiped down with the wipes referred to above.
- Vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected between transportation of dogs from different households
- Dogs will remain on leads for the duration of the walk unless we are in an area familiar to us and there are no other people or dogs in sight. Any dogs who have an issue with recall will remain on the lead throughout the walk
- We will either spray the dog with Leucillin or wipe the dog down with a DEFRA approved, animal friendly wipe, before allowing it back into the home.
- If returning a dog into a home masks will again be worn whilst in your property.
- All handle and surfaces we have touched whilst in the home will be wiped down with an antibacterial wipe or spray
- If we walk any dogs from a household which is isolating due to Covid 19, they will be walked at the end of all other walks that day and any gloves, cloths or disposable equipment will be double bagged and left for 72 hours before putting it in with any general rubbish